PLEASE NOTE: This posiiton is lookign for a Project Manager working with the Events team. This is not an Event Manager position.
This TOP social media company in Menlo Park, CA was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over a billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
We are looking for a project manager to join the Global Event Marketing team to support our 2018 annual developer conference. This is our moment to share the company’s vision of the future, announce product and platform launches, as well as engage one-on-one with our community of developers and partners throughout the two-day conference. As a project manager on the planning team, you’ll work hand in hand with the senior event producer and marketing lead to create effective communication streams and comprehensive documentation for this multi-stakeholder project.
- Participate in all vendor production and product experience meetings, collate meeting minutes and distribute to relevant parties to ensure we stay on track for deliverables
- Create and maintain work-back plan throughout the lifecycle of the event
- Liaise with internal POCs and vendors to build timeline that encompasses all deadlines
- Ensure all folders are up to date with most current versions of event documentation
- Work with operations and vendors to distill information into weekly budget updates with senior event producer
- Work with registration lead to create weekly registration reports for distribution
- Liaise with conference scheduler to ensure speaker communications and calendars are maintained
- Help manage internal communications by drafting posts for the conference team and triaging incoming questions and requests within the group
- Manage visa, flight and hotel requests for select group of external speakers and guests leading up to the event (less than 50 individuals)
- Field additional logistics requests and email triage for senior event producer as required
- Minimum 3 years project management experience
- Experience in creating and implementing timelines and comprehensive project documentation
- Experience working in the events industry, tech experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external partners
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Resourceful and can find a way to make things happen
- Flexible and quick approach to event challenges
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- PMP certification preferred