Our client is a large financial institution in Charlotte, NC and they are looking for a Junior Marketing Program Manager to join their Marketing Team for a 12 to 18 month contract job. This Junior Marketing Program Manager job is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K are offered.
This is a junior level position and will be an excellent learning opportunity for someone early in his/her career. The Junior Marketing Program Manager will work in a fast paced environment that changes daily and will be part of a high performing and high profile team. The Junior Marketing Program Manager role is one of an environmental marketing generalist with three areas of focus: 1. Conferences and sponsorships, 2. The employee engagement program and 3. Marketing support.
Conferences, Sponsorships. Events & Meetings: The Junior Marketing Program Manager will manage the execution of conference sponsorships, conference participation by executives who may also be featured speakers, and both internal and external events. They will also handle registrations, logistics, and collateral materials and will create and manage the dynamic conference and sponsorship calendar for the team. Conferences, events and meetings will often draw an international audience and may also occur outside of the US. Additionally, many of these events involve the most senior level of management including the Chairman of the Board of Directors, and the direct reports of the CEO. Events may also involve government or United Nations officials. There will be some travel to support major sponsorships or events but this is not an events role that requires constant travel. The manager will also run WebEx on internal team calls.
The employee engagement program support: This is a global program with more than 20,000 participants and the Junior Marketing Program Manager will have the following responsibilities:
• Day-to-day administrative operations including distribution group, program management, websites, marketing materials
• Creation and management of educational resources (flyers, presentations, reference guides, content research and reviews) and annual submissions for the reviews
• Communications – monitor the employee engagement mailbox, support chapters, and newsletter activity updates
• Research and reporting
• Provide support for other project initiatives
Marketing: Occasionally, there are marketing projects that require review through the internal compliance review process. The Junior Marketing Program Manager will submit materials for the team for the review process and will also handle the sizing and delivery of ads when external ads are run and will work with the internal agency to update or create collateral materials, which are often in the form of PowerPoint slides. The Junior Marketing Program Manager should be knowledgeable about social media, and should understand how best to use Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
Requirements of Junior Marketing Program Manager:
• Minimum of two years professional experience
• Strong communications skills, verbal and written, including PowerPoint expertise
• Knowledge of events logistics including catering, invitation, AV and registration processes, etc.
• Deadline-oriented, detail-oriented and responsive
• Excellent time management skills
• Project budget management
• Basic business writing (emails, cover notes, briefing documents, bios)
• Intellectual curiosity
• Can work independently
• Can interact with executives in a professional manner
• Can set up and run WebEx.
Variables: Knowledge of environmental issues would be very helpful but deep expertise is not required. Marketing and events experience is important. Experience with a large corporation would be helpful.