Junior front-end developer
I am looking for a talented, enthusiastic and commercially astute junior front-end developer with a can-do attitude to join my well-established integrated agency client. You will have had a couple of year’s agency-side experience and be ready to make the next move.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Development, you will be responsible to ensure a number of diverse digital projects (from websites, to apps, to software development) are delivered on time and to a high quality standard.
If you’re a good team player, you love digital and you want to work in a small and friendly environment, this role is the one for you.
Our client is a specialist financial services agency. They are a really passionate bunch about what they do and how they go about doing it and have a strong team culture.
The web developer will be working to the head of digital development and will be responsible for developing to agreed functional specs. The candidate will work with the head of digital development to ensure the agencies increasing digital output is kept at a high quality.
Front end skills required:
• Excellent HTML markup.
• CSS 2&3 preferably with LESS/SASS experience
• HTML email experience
• Comfortable on both Mac & PC’s
• Proficient in Adobe’s creative suite. Can slice designs from Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Some experience with LAMP and/or Microsoft.NET back end programming languages/environments.
Nice to have:
• CMS experience (off the shelf & bespoke)
• Flash timeline animation and AS2/AS3
• Source control experience (Git/Sourcesafe/SVN)
• Server side JS (node.js)
The core things you will be expected to be involved in are:
• Helping to define technical specification (including but not limited to scope of work, project timeline, maintenance)
• Support the digital development team in digital deliveries
• Manage the delivery of multiple projects at one time
• Support the Head of Digital Development in scoping and estimating new work
• Ensure quality control of final output before is sent to the client for review
• Be up to date with digital trends
• Upholding the core values and being a team player at all times
• Taking up opportunities to get involved with group projects
• Making a visible contribution towards the agencies goals and achievements to ensure they are consistently moving forwards as an agency.
• Attending regular company meetings.
• 2 years of commercial agency-side experience in a similar role.
• Having a solid understanding of the digital production process
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to deadline under pressure
• Meticulous attention to detail and an understanding of the quality clients expect
• Passionate about digital communications
• High level of organisational skills
• Having strong interpersonal skills.
• Proactive and good team player
• Good eye for detail.
• Being able to work well under pressure.
• Having the ability to make decisions and resolve problems quickly and effectively (or suggest a range of alternative solutions).
Experience working with Financial Services clients would be advantageous.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Junior front-end developer