A global beauty retailer in St. Petersburg, FL is looking for a Junior Digital Production Designer with a national beauty company in St. Petersburg, FL. The ideal candidate will have 2+ years graphic design experience in a creative agency or in-house creative department with a focus on digital design. Retail or fashion / beauty experience a plus
Preferred Educational Background:
Bachelor’s Degree in Design or equivalent
* Proven ability to develop visually-impactful, promotionally-oriented designs tailored to different target audiences.
* Must have online portfolio that demonstrates conceptual thinking and creativity.
* Proven ability to work collaboratively with other designers and copy writers to maximize impact, effectiveness and originality of all materials through critical feedback, creative brainstorming and receptiveness to trying multiple approaches.
* Able to accelerate multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment in order to
meet tight deadlines. Able to respond quickly to changes in direction.
* Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and HTML coding. Strong typographical layout
skills. In-depth understanding of color theory.
* Translate design direction to artwork and optimize graphics for our content hub.
*Will also create, maintain and update graphics for website, web tiles, and HTML emails.
* May also be asked to supplement design and/or production work off Digital Designer’s queue based off the department’s workload capacity
* Collaborate with Copywriter to align copy layout with artwork
* Revise as needed based on Creative Director and internal client feedback
* Execute final production including HTML coding (if needed) and uploading / hand off to technical teams
Must be comfortable:
* Sourcing and resizing images to support all content in the Hub that may require and image not provided by the brand or partners, included the main header in order to keep branding.
*All images need to be supplied in multiple size forms for desktop, tablet and mobile (for example, we just ran a social campaign …the teams received 1,000 images. We
need to go through and re-purpose them, to resize and catalog these images to be used for articles).
* Resizing all images that are provided by the brand
* Optimizing all images to ensure that images size limits are adhered so to minimize site load