We are looking for a full-time Developer (3 month assignment) for our client in Indianapolis, IN. They are actively seeking a junior developer to assist with their growing development tasks. The ideal candidate is someone who stays up-to-date with current trends, enjoys the challenges of development, has the passion and drive to push themselves, and are fiercely loyal to finding the best solution; someone with around 1-4 years experience.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to): systems analysis, code creation, testing, build/release technical documentation and customer technical support. They use Laravel and Vue.js as their frameworks of choice and would prefer a developer with experience in these frameworks (or similar MVC and JS frameworks).
- A specific skill set we seek is for the individual to write test code for one of our tools.
- Use various web programming software tools to produce dynamic data-driven sites and tools for the end clients using a variety of target platforms and browser software.
- Internal consultant for developing hour estimates for customization requests
- Work across the company in a collaborative effort to help develop new ideas for client business challenges
- Work with an open, creative team in a collaborative, business casual environment
- Manage multiple projects under the guidance of a department and project leaders
- Application/Framework design as needed
- Specifications/Requirements gathering as needed
- Routine daily maintenance of existing sites and applications.
- Help architect and build scalable, responsive and secure web applications and features
- Experience in testing and debugging
- Implementing third-party APIs (Twilio, Pubmed, and more)
- We’re not looking for designers, but if you’re the developer who says “modifying HTML isn’t my job”, it’s not going to work out.
Skills & Qualifications:
- PHP and Object-Oriented Programming
- Ability to communicate with REST and WebSocket based APIs
- Be comfortable working with agile / scrum / Kanban
- Ability to build SPA’s without the use of jQuery (preferred)
- Familiar with at least 1 back-end MVC Framework: Laravel, etc
- Familiar with at least 1 web UI framework: Vue, React, etc
- GIT Workflow / Version Control
- Comfortable with system administration of Linux servers
- Knowledgeable regarding good database design and proficient in writing SQL queries
- Understanding of common attacks (XSS, SQL injections)
- Experience with cross-browser development
- Ability to learn and pick up new skills quickly
- Strong problem-solving skills, effective multi-tasking and time management skills, and the ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects.
We seek candidates that can hit the ground running so there is a minimum requirement to quickly assimilate existing environment and become productive. However, support will be provided to address any shortfalls for the right candidate.
Nice to Haves: not required
- Experience with Laravel a huge plus. We don’t expect you to code like Jeffery Way, but that would be awesome.
- Experience with Vue.js a huge plus.
- LDAP, OAuth, or other authentication tools
- Experience with 3rd Party API Services
- Google Analytics or similar
- Shopping Cart Tech
- Email SMTP Gateways (like Mailgun)
- Server Management
- Merchant Processing (Paypal, Stripe, Authorize.net, Braintree)
- SMS and Phone Gateways (Twilio, Tropo)
- Salesforce and/or Veeva
Education and/or Experience:
While education and experience are highly valued, we are looking for anyone who shows a desire to learn, solid worth ethics, a positive attitude, and real passion towards all things web. The type of developer we seek has a passion for experimenting with new technologies, prototyping new ideas quickly, and applying what they learn to their own personal projects. Does that sound like you?