We are looking for a Junior DevOps Engineer to work within the team to support development and production systems, deliver automation and assist in successful delivery of projects. The role provides excellent on the job learning opportunities and growth.
Job Functions -
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping support, maintain and ensure the smooth operation of all applications as part of the DevOps team.
They will assist in day-to-day DevOps tasks as well as help developers troubleshoot application/environmental issues as and when they arise.
As this role will be part of a geographically dispersed team it might require work outside normal working hours.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Thorough understanding of Linux (Debian) as well as related concepts including administration through bash or other scripting languages
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous delivery concepts
- Awareness of configuration and release management
- Familiarity of Agile and Scrum methodology
- Minimum 1 year experience Linux system administration, preferably in virtualized environments
- Minimum 1 year experience coding with Python
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Saltstack, Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
- Experience supporting cloud based systems (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience