Our social media agency client is seeking a Junior Graphic Designer to be responsible for creating compelling visuals and layouts used to populate social media channels and for other online and offline applications. This agency believes that social content builds culture and they're looking to help brands establish a culture that garners engagement and amazement! Come be a part of this growing team who's worked with clients such as Starbucks, American Express, H&M and much more!
- Use graphics packages such as Photoshop and Illustrator, traditional illustration skills, and photography in order to create visual communications that answer any given creative brief, to a high standard.
- Help develop pitch decks, corporate presentations and branded documents that present information in a clear articulate manner.
- Complete the majority of their workload with little supervision from senior colleagues.
- Assist colleagues across the company in producing basic visuals and presentations themselves that meet the high aesthetic standards of the Design Team. This includes developing template decks and documentation that can easily be personalized.
- Actively contribute to brainstorms, especially with regards to the visual and tactical execution of ideas.
- Be able to justify to colleagues why they chose a particular font, color, composition or subject choice in order answer a particular brief.
- Actively contribute to team meetings and other Design Team initiatives. Play a team role in elevating our reputation (both internally and externally) as a 'creative powerhouse' - advocates of anything and everything that's creatively inspiring!
Additional Skills Necessary for Success (Should be Showcased in Portfolio):
• Traditional fine art and illustration.
• Logotypes and typography.
• Digital illustration and advanced image manipulation.
- KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience as a junior designer or designer within the creative industry, preferably with an Agency.
- A mastery of Photoshop, and (at very least) a working knowledge of Keynote and Illustrator. Experience with other creative tools and packages would be beneficial but not essential.
- A Bachelor of Fine Arts from a notable Art School is preferred, a Degree in Graphic Design or similar is required.
- An interesting portfolio that demonstrates the fundamentals of design, from layout and typography, to color and composition.
- The ability to draw/illustrate and experience in photography would be beneficial.
- A thorough understanding of (and appreciation for) social media, and the main features, benefits and limitations of all of the major social platforms.
- Excellent English language/writing skills, which enable the individual to communicate visual concepts clearly to team members and integrate grammatically-correct copy into designs without spelling errors.
- Experience of working on projects involving consumer brands, and an understanding of working within brand guidelines for specific audiences.
- Excellent time management skills and experience working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- An energetic team player, with a can-do attitude and a positive personality.