We have a client in Mid-Wilshire looking to expand their creative team by adding a Junior Designer into the mix. They are a Social Media Agency with clients such as Starbucks, H&M, American Express, and more. This Designer will be responsible for creating compelling visuals and layouts used to populate social media channels and for other online and offline applications. This role will be hired on a Contract to Hire basis. We're looking to hire this Designer immediately and have them start on March 5th. Please apply with an updated resume and portfolio! More details below.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for creating compelling imagery, designs, layouts and other graphical content and assets used to populate social media channels and for other online and offline applications company-wide.
- Use graphics packages such as Photoshop and Illustrator, traditional illustration skills, and photography in order to create visual communications that answer any given creative brief, to a high standard.
- Help develop pitch decks, corporate presentations and branded documents that present information in a clear articulate manner.
- A designer should be able to complete the majority of their workload with little supervision from senior colleagues.
- Assist colleagues across the company in producing basic visuals and presentations themselves that meet the high aesthetic standards of the Design Team. This includes developing template decks and documentation that can easily be personalized.
- Actively contribute to brainstorms, especially with regards to the visual and tactical execution of ideas.
- Be able to justify to colleagues why they chose a particular font, color, composition or subject choice in order answer a particular brief.
- Actively contribute to team meetings and other Design Team initiatives. Play a team role in elevating our reputation (both internally and externally) as a 'creative powerhouse' - advocates of anything and everything that's creatively inspiring!
- A minimum of 1 year’s experience as a junior designer or designer within the creative industry.
- A mastery of Photoshop, and (at very least) a working knowledge of Keynote and Illustrator. Experience with other creative tools and packages would be beneficial but not essential.
- A demonstrable passion for creativity and an education/background that involved artistic expression.
- An interesting portfolio that demonstrates the fundamentals of design, from layout and typography, to color and composition.
- The ability to draw/illustrate and experience in photography would be beneficial.
- A thorough understanding of (and appreciation for) social media, and the main features, benefits and limitations of all of the major social platforms.
- Experience of working on projects involving consumer brands, and an understanding of working within brand guidelines for specific audiences.
- Excellent time management skills and experience working to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- An energetic team player, with a can-do attitude and a positive personality.