Digital Creative / Developer:
Up to £30k doe.
Based near Soho
My client is a creative production agency with language at its core. They help clients organise, streamline and deliver marketing content, services and products nationally and internationally, tailored and optimised for all channels, territories and audiences.
They take the essence of the creative idea and make it work whatever the channel, the format or the platform. Working smarter, using a combination of creativity, technology, know-how, a global network of specialists, and good, old-fashioned hard work.
Our clients need - brand consistency, continuity, accuracy and quality; but also economy: and our agile approach saves money and guarantees a speedier route to market.
They are looking for a Digital Creative / Developer to join the studio working on a wide range of digital projects. You will have solid experience in web design and front end development, as well as being proficient in Wordpress back end development.
Your work will include:
- Responsive HTML email designs and builds, and amends to existing campaigns
- Online banner campaigns for a range of clients across different sectors
- New website design and build
- Wordpress CMS development on new and existing projects
- Updating and maintaining existing client websites
- Maintaining and administrating hosting and domain registrations accounts
(internal and some client)
- Assist with preparation of other collateral eg pitch materials + presenters
- Consultation with the creative and production teams on upcoming work
The successful applicant will:
Ideally be from an agency background and be enthusiastic, self-motivated with excellent attention to detail, lots of initiative and great communication skills.
- Have proven work experience in a similar role
- Have proficiency in front end design and development, HTML5 banner builds, responsive email design and builds, and complete familiarity with the Wordpress CMS platform
- Show a quick understanding of the style and objectives of each project
- Be comfortable working independently but also in collaboration with the creative and production teams
- Have excellent time-management skills, and a proactive approach
- Have good working knowledge of Photoshop, plus ideally InDesign / Animate / Premiere / After Effects.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Digital Creative / Developer
Reports to: Digital Account Director / Head of Production
To work across all areas of WLP digital projects including design / storyboarding, front end responsive builds and Wordpress CMS development.
- Responsive HTML email design & build
- Familiarity with multi-platform testing tools e.g. Litmus
- Design/storyboarding of online banner campaigns
- HTML5 banner builds (ideally comfortable hand coding as well as familiarity with digital animation software e.g. Adobe Animate)
- Wireframing / sitemapping
- Page design and/or assisting on rollout of core design across internal pages, in collaboration with creative team
- Responsive front end HTML page builds
- Backend development (Wordpress) - CMS build and integration, database setup/admin
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven work experience in web design and development
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Reasonable proficiency in image authoring software (Photoshop, Sketch etc)
- Broad knowledge of content management platforms and/or static site generators, and full proficiency in Wordpress backend development
- Reasonable understanding of SEO and SEM
- Strong diagnostic / problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of established timelines
- Ability to work independently and also efficiently with colleagues
- Thoroughness and precision
- Interest in and willingness to gain knowledge of emerging web technologies and techniques
- Working understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git and GitHub
- Working understanding of CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
Competitive benefits. Full details available on request.
**Unfortunately, we are unable to contact everyone who applies but will be in touch should you be shortlisted. Good luck with your application **