GBP 123.46 Per Day
End date: 18 Oct 2013
Job Title: JUNIOR CATEGORY MANAGER
(Toys, Publishing, Stationery & Gift)
Reports To: Executive Category Sales Director EMEA
Direct Reports: None
Our business covers many categories spanning publishing, food, toys, apparel, housewares, accessories, personal care, domestics, gifts, stationery and promotions.
Primary Purpose of Job:
The role is a regional sales support and account management position, supporting and working under the supervision of Category Sales Director(s) EMEA to grow revenues
This will involve working with external licensees and suppliers as well as with category managers and teams in and agents local offices.
The role is based in our European HQ in Central London.
• Client Management / Revenue Generation:
o Service identified Key Accounts to maximise revenues for EMEA
o Preparation of meeting reports and proactive follow-up
o Preparing and / or making professional sales pitches
• Internal Relationships / Process Management
o Manage the legal and contractual requirements aross the licensee base
(includes processing of deal reqs, obtaining royalty reports, Brand Assurance and management of processes etc)
o Liaise with Marketing and Creative for follow up and creation of deliverables
o Liaison with other divisions on category related matters
o Preparation of materials for Category Meetings and Category Calls and follow up
o Interaction with Head Office in Burbank as well as our network of international offices and agents as needed.
o Create/keep updated category tools such as gap charts
o Assist with category related enquiries
o Day to day back office tasks
• Planning and Business Development:
o Support Category Director in development and execution of the Category Sales Plan for the assigned categories
o Research background on markets, products, categories and potential licensees
o Monitor market trends and competitor activity within the entertainment / licensing and non-licensed categories including the compilation of trade show reports and store checks
o Analyse category and specified licensee revenue trends and make recommendations for developing business
o Manage assigned business projects including potential licensee recruitment and a level of direct selling (through Identifying & pitching prospects)
• Undertake special projects and duties as assigned by Supervisor
Required Experience / Outlook / Qualifications:
• 2 to 3 years Sales & Marketing, Licensing, Agency or Key Account Management experience working with intellectual properties.
• It would be an advantage to have experience from the following:-
o Toys, Publishing and Stationery sectors
o Targeting kid / youth audiences
o Working across UK and international markets
o Understanding or experience of retail sector (mass and/or toy specialist)
• Strong account management skills;
• Capability of creating and delivering powerful and high quality presentations for internal / external selling purposes
• Understanding of creative and product approval processes including preparation of briefs.
• Problem solving / solution orientated attitude and assertive
• Self-Starter with high degree of personal motivation and ‘push’. Ability to thrive in a competitive, dynamic changing environment;
• Interpersonal skills: A good team player able to communicate effectively and influence people at all levels both internally and eternally;
• Flexible and agile with strong organisational / time management skills in order to accomplish multiple tasks
• Role may include a level of international travel and over night stays.
• Ability to use /strong IT skills : Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
• Ideally qualified to degree level
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
GBP 123.46 Per Day