Here's an opportunity for a junior candidate (less than 1-2 years professional experience) to gain a foothold with data analysis! This position will get you working for a world class web search portal with millions of users per day. The role will require you to put yourself in our users place: to understand their queries and the results. Judging which results are best and why. You will be responsible for collecting, tagging/labeling contents (web results and documents) for use as index entries to help improve the quality of search results. In addition, you will also be judging parts of data that is used to create the results. You will also be verifying and entering data into a database using custom software or tools.
What you'll be doing:
Analyzing and researching query terms and results to understand the customer’s intent and improve search results creating a better customer experience. Analyst needs to be able to take vague instruction and generate relevant results.
High-pace, goal oriented, driven team. We care about the quality of the product.
- Curate Maps and Local data by generating the detail descriptions by specific deliverable dates
- Maintain and curate taxonomy category definitions and keywords via category definition tool. Ensure that definitions are clear, consistent and accurate so that internal and external customers’ needs are met
- Help build specific machine learning models by creating training and testing data.
- Perform quality review checks of data classification/generation tasks performed by external and in-house team members. Determine if team members are properly adhering to task guidelines, are accurately tagging the data, and provide specific feedback when quality issues are detected
- Map data provider categories to internal taxonomy. Investigate and verify that mappings are accurate for search's business needs
- Review and curate taxonomy category synonyms using synonym curation tool
- Respond to external and in-house team members’ questions on the data classification process via classification tools on a daily basis
- Collaborate with fellow SMEs on classification tasks, category definitions/keywords, and the overall classification process
- Help provide language and cultural understanding for market(s) and region(s) assigned
- Services on other data-oriented tasks for on an as needed basis.