A client in NYC is looking for a Junior-Mid level Project Manager for a 6-8 week freelance role.
- This person needs to have experience dealing directly with developers and must have experience tracking and managing QA with GitHub or similar.
- The client is specifically looking for someone who can help them manage e-commerce website design / development, as well as general digital projects.
The Project Manager has day-to-day responsibility for the smooth and effective running of their projects with a focus on great delivery. To do this they should have great skills in effective project set up, budget control, project tracking and reporting, risk and issue analysis and quality assurance. With this in mind, an understanding of the principles of Project Management, appropriate methodologies and processes is vital.
Experience & Skills
• Degree or equivalent work experience
• 2-3 years of experience in digital development and project management
• Good understanding of web technologies such as HTML/HTML5, CSS, CMS, and mobile
• Experience in using project management tools such as MS Project, budget/time tracking tools and issue tracking software (GitHub or similar)
• Experience in an agency environment
• Experience with common CMS / e-commerce platforms (Shopify, SalesForce Commerce Cloud, etc.)
• Familiarity with project management tools such as Asana, Trello, Basecamp or JIRA
• Experience in a project management models including Agile, Waterfall, and Scrum a plus
Role & Responsibilities
• Manage and deliver multiple work streams for various types of digital projects (e.g. website development, mobile apps, digital advertising, email marketing campaigns, etc.) to agreed scope, timings, budget and quality
• Work with internal teams to help define project scope, resource requirements and cost estimates for projects
• Be the hub of communication for the project - in regular contact with internal and external partners engaged in delivering our product.
• Set up projects in Asana, Trello or similar to give full visibility but allow the team to collaborate independently
• Create robust and realistic budgets in MS Excel or Google sheets
• Produce realistic project schedules with clear milestones
• Use GitHub, Trello or similar to assign and track issues when appropriate
• Communicate effectively with developers, articulating clients needs and finding solutions
• Translate technical issues into "client speak"
• Be on top of your projects and know timings, key milestones, budgets, resourcing, risks, etc.
• Assess the time and financial impact of changes and communicate to clients as appropriate.
• Understand the key technical aspects of the development process for website delivery, email delivery, online advertising, digital outdoor etc. as appropriate to your client.
• 2 - 3 years of experience in digital project management at an agency or in-house, specifically on ecommerce sites
• ideally someone who has worked with upscale beauty / fashion brands (but not required)
• strong QA & bug tracking skills
• familiarity with common e-comm platforms (Shopify, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, etc.)
• fluent interfacing with and translating between developers and digital designers
• strong attention to detail, very proactive
Duration: 6-8 weeks. It could be 3 - 5 days a week.
Start: in the next 2 weeks