Jr. Visual Designer, Art
We are looking for a Visual Designer, Art, to support our clients growing brand team. Reporting to the Creative Director, Art & Digital, the ideal candidate will partner closely on the art vertical of our business alongside business partners and copywriters to develop designs that engage and inspire our customers, reflect business requirements, and maintain campaign and brand continuity.
This is an ideal position for someone with 1-3 years of in house or agency experience who is looking for a foothold with a great brand and where they can grow their career.
You will have a keen eye for detail with a proven ability to rapidly conceptualize, iterate, and deliver primarily digital assets, such as banner ads, emails, website modules, social assets, and emerging technologies. The ideal candidate will clearly understand, and is able to articulate, the limitations and possibilities of designing within appropriate technologies, while also demonstrating conceptual thinking, the ability to follow direction, maintain brand style, and work on multiple projects simultaneously with speed and efficiency. The position requires keen typographic skills (understands typography visual hierarchy and styles, and how to use them properly) as well as full knowledge of preparing files for export to web. The appropriate candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, and has the ability to both work autonomously and as part of a team. Interest/experience in UI/UX is a plus but not required. Strong Photoshop skills also a plus.
• Create visual design execution for digital activation, from banner ads to emails to social to webpages and emerging technology
• Expand and build on seasonal campaign execution, while also participating in the initial creative process
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively
• Collaborate with writers and business partners to translate briefs into conceptual designs, maintaining campaign and brand continuity
• Maintain high-quality designs; consistent, on-brand, and beautiful
• Utilize a variety of design software to create work for integrated, cross-channel campaigns that may go beyond digital into print or physical spaces
• Front-end development skills a plus (HTML/CSS)
Experience and Skills
• Bachelor's degree in Design, Art or equivalent
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign); Sketch is a plus.
• 1 - 3 years of design experience; e-commerce is a plus
• Ability to take direction and execute based on Leadership Team and business partners feedback.
• Eye for merchandising and product pairing
• Experience in small and large-scale projects in e-commerce, digital media, and advertising
• HTML/CSS experience is a plus
• Strong conceptual thinking
• Ability to work on multiple assignments/deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy
• Effective communicator and collaborator
• Strong time management skills
• Interest in fine art and/or art styling is a plus