Scope of Work
Looking for a strong visual designer with a good understanding of interaction and motion design, to contribute to the design and development of our products. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a highly collaborative environment, where they will regularly interact with fellow designers as well as with product managers and software engineers.
Good communication skills are a requirement for the position. The candidate will also feel comfortable with following directions from senior designers, while being able to organize their workflow autonomously and meet deadlines. In addition, the candidate will be capable of contributing to the ideation of the future visual directions for our products, and demonstrate the benefits of their proposals.
The ideal candidate will own the following skills and be capable of demonstrating the utmost level of quality in their consistent delivery.
- Understanding strategic market positioning and technical requirements for a product;
- Translating product positioning and requirements in specific visual design themes and directions, using a variety of visual and graphic design techniques;
- Developing full visual design languages and systems including grids and layouts, typography, iconography, imagery, UI views and components;
- Applying visual design languages and systems to screens for a variety of devices with different sizes, aspect ratios, and pixel densities;
- In collaboration with interaction and motion designers, developing and illustrating user scenarios, and ensure a consistent consumer product experience;
- Creating clear and detailed visual design documents intended for an audience of developers usually without a formal design background;
- Contributing to the creation of future and current product presentations, interactive demonstrations, and video scenarios;
- Confidently presenting designs to product managers and software engineers, articulating the details of navigation and flows, screen layouts and transformations, UI components and their states;
- Expert-level proficiency with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite;
- Strong time management skills and ability to be self-directed when needed;
- 5+ years of experience with a major web, product development or consulting firm in the digital product and/or service design and development space. While not required, candidates with the following skills will be preferred:
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies;
- Knowledge of MS Office, QuickTime, Adobe Premiere and After Effects;
- TV/video design experiences a plus;
- Understanding of customizable designs and whitelabeling products.
- Work in close collaboration with fellow designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, software engineers and testers;
- Participate in the ideation of new products and services, illustrate them through rich, interactive demonstrations, and document them;
- Design UIs and visuals for screens on TV, tablet, smart phone, and others, and package them in production ready assets for developers;
- Create detailed documentation of visual designs;
- Present ideas and solutions to diverse functional roles;
- Participate in the daily scrum activities.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Scope of Work