An elite product team - within one of the country’s most recognizable brands - is looking for a freelance Junior UX Researcher. This career-defining role is on-site in NYC, 40 hours a week for 6 months (with possible extension). This is a very exciting opportunity for someone who can blend business needs with customer focus to drive innovative solutions.
What You Will Do:
- As part of the User Experience Research (UXR) team, you will run smaller research projects, partnering with the product owner to create a user-centered experience for the core journeys of B2B Products, and adjacent user journeys.
- As Junior UX Researcher, you will adopt a customer-centric approach – one that systematically observes, investigates, and optimizes interactions with customers.
- You will undertake assigned UXR projects delivering insights for consumer-facing digital experiences during all phases of design, development, and defining B2B requirements for 2018 initiatives and bring the voice of the customer to stakeholders and partners.
- You will also work closely with the Product Manager, along with internal partners and other functions across the organization. As a UX Researcher you will be hands-on in the delivery of user requirements, running smaller assigned project/s to completion.
What You Need:
- 3+ years interactive/digital experience, with a passion for User Experience Research.
- Experience in executing against research needs, using different methodologies to meet those needs.
- Basic knowledge of a range of qualitative methodologies and tools, e.g. usability testing, remote testing, focus groups, card sorting and co-creation.
- An understanding of how quantitative research methods (A/B, MVT testing) can complement qualitative methods.
- Self-starter who can deliver on key tasks in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Communication and presentation ability.
- Committed to turning insights into actionable recommendations for digital product owners and design teams.
- Ability to draw on multiple inputs (reporting data, metrics, qualitative and quantitative insights) to identify key patterns/trends.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Product/Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction or related field."
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com; free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com