Jr-Mid WEB DESIGNER
CONTRACT: Freelance – 1 month, with continual projects throughout the next year.
LOCATION: San Francisco
START DATE: ASAP
PAY: $20-$30/hour (based on experience)
The Web Designer is responsible for developing and executing innovative and creative designs for an eCommerce site, including online shops, email campaigns and external placements. Candidates should be extremely motivated designers who can easily adapt to the brand aesthetic and value working in a team environment.
• Translate business and marketing objectives into designs that are clear, compelling, visually exciting, easy to use and emotionally engaging.
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes creative leads, brand management, merchandising, marketing, creative technology, and project management.
• Produce design specifications, storyboards, motion based (Flash) prototypes, scenarios, and design prototypes.
• Initiate concepts and work independently and/or with design leads.
• Present multiple solutions per project.
• Manage timing and deliverables for project work.
• Must be able to handle a number of projects simultaneously.
• Present creative to business partners.
• Expert knowledge of latest web technologies and technology trends.
• Strong knowledge of design fundamentals, layout, typography, information hierarchy, and web specifications.
• Expert in ideas generation and collaboration with copy and photography creative partners.
• Online retail experience a plus.
• Must be detailed-oriented, well organized and able to thrive in deadline driven environment.
• Ability to apply user interface and interactive design best practices to projects.
• Strong communication skills.
• Solid experience with resizing, optimizing and slicing of graphics.
• Must be willing to be flexible in job duties and take on added responsibility when necessary.
• Expert knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, Image Ready, and MAC OS environment.
• HTML coding experience helpful.
• BFA in Graphic Design or related area.
• 3+ years professional experience in web design or multimedia.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Jr-Mid WEB DESIGNER