This is a 3 month freelance position based onsite in NYC midtown. This is a jr. level role, this person must have at least 1 year of Merchandise experience and be comfortable working in Excel.
(Luxury brand experience)
• Provide operational and administrative support to the Assistant Buyer and Buyer
• Input purchase orders
• Ensure timely delivery of merchandise through consistent communication with the vendors, distribution center, and buying team
• Track transfers between stores
• Generate weekly reports and work with the Assistant Buyer to analyze the business
• Identify and shop the competition
• Understand target customer by region
• Suggest ideas for new vendors each season
• Communicate to stores using the appropriate communication channels
• Contribute to positive morale in the department and organization
• 1-2 years of experience in a corporate fashion merchandising team
• Proficiency in Excel including pivot tables and v-lookups, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook with an aptitude for learning new programs.
• Demonstrate strong ability to be financially responsible and understand financial implications of mistakes.
• Strong organizational and planning skills to ensure timely and accurate execution of responsibilities.
• Must be proficient in retail math and understand how to calculate margins, sell through % and other retail math terms
• Strong ability to identify and execute priorities with a sense of urgency.
• Handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Have a pro-active approach to responsibilities.
• Strong communication and relationship/team skills.
• Excellent fashion sense
• Degree preferred
• Retail experience preferred