Our client is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer to join their team on a contract to hire basis! This company is an Architectural Firm who believes good design should be inspirational and influential. They're looking to add a Graphic Designer to their already heavy hitting Marketing team full of other graphic designers. If you're looking for freedom to create, ideate, and collaborate, supported by a culturally diverse group of professionals, apply today! Note: Though this is for an Architectural Firm, the type of graphic design we're looking for is print and digital for Marketing purposes. No spatial, environmental, or 3D designers please.
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts or related design, with 0 to 2 years of related professional experience
• Advanced experience and proficiency in graphic tools, including Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop), PowerPoint and other presentation programs
• Desire to work in similar industries is a Plus. (Architecture, Interior Design, Real Estate, Urban Planning, Construction, etc.)
• Ability to work quickly; respond to and prioritize multiple requests; be responsive to the time-critical nature of marketing deadlines
• Ability to work collaboratively with team members, be self-motivated and self-directed
• Ability to visualize and illustrate infographics that integrate type, color and graphics
• Exceptional presentation and organizational skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• A passion for design and storytelling
The primary focus of the Junior Graphic Designer role is to design and produce marketing collateral and other graphic communication efforts. This designer will work directly with the project team(s) on different architectural projects the company is working on and pitching for. These are not templated, but will be designed from scratch!
Specific duties include:
• Design graphics associated with local office and firmwide marketing, public relations and communications efforts, including
– Proposals and qualifications, covers, dividers, etc.
– Charts, graphs, diagrams, infographics and other communications graphics
– PowerPoint and other forms of interactive digital presentations
– Templates for graphics related to architectural, interior and urban design project deliverables
– Design guidelines and standards
– Press kits, award submittals, exhibits, displays, advertisements, and monographs