AQUENT is seeking a Jr. Graphic Designer to join a fun and creative in-house team in Wilmington, DE!
• Use MAC based pre-press programs to create preliminary layouts for presentation eventually producing final output ready files.
• Exhibit a clear understanding of marketing objectives, an understanding of production constraints and capabilities, a thorough understanding of design, layout and typography.
• Be self-organized and manage deadlines and production scheduling on numerous, concurrent projects.
• Have a good eye for layout, type and color. Ability to integrate supplied photos and illustrations attractively with text.
• Organize fairly complex and chaotic source materials into simpler, integrated, coherent printed piece.
• Produce files that will image to pre-press film without extensive rebuilding.
• Understands basics of different file and font formats.
• Very basic understanding of CMYK (color separation) issues.
• Limited experience on press.
Candidates for this position will have:
• 4-year degree specializing in graphic design or similar discipline OR 1–3 years industry experience in graphic design
• Portfolio: Comps and art-school. Drawings. Black & white or 2-color printed flyers, postcards, mailers.
• Industry Knowledge: Direct Mail experience preferred, not necessarily within the financial industry.
• Technical Knowledge: InDesign- 2+, Illustrator - 1+, Photoshop - 1+, Acrobat - 1+
**Familiarity with Sketch and understanding of HTML / CSS a plus!!