A junior art director is at the front end of a highly collaborative and innovative process. The expectations are high, but so are the rewards. A junior art director has strong conceptual skills, brilliant visual solutions, and persuasive articulation of creative ideas and design. You know your way around traditional advertising, and you get digital. You understand the customer experience, and you are always questioning ideas, pushing for better solutions.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, from full-on ad campaigns to websites and campaign microsites, apps and social media, and cutting-edge digital experiences.
You will work closely with copywriters, strategists, and creative directors to create initial concepts. You will also work with a cross-functional team of front-end developers and user experience designers to create innovative digital work for our clients.
- Designs innovative concepts for ads, websites, apps, social media, microsites, and online ads that are on strategy and on brief
- Works with the studio team and motion designers to concept, storyboard, and execute motion design and digital animation
- Provides creative input that supports the strategic direction of various client projects
- Collaborates with project managers, developers, and designers to complete the project on schedule and on budget
- At this level, individuals are expected to provide guidance to production designers.
- An understanding that every memorable design or advertising solution is built upon great conceptual thinking
- Skills in Adobe Creative Cloud. Skills in other digital design tools and platforms like Webflow, Sketch, and InVision a plus
- Can direct photo shoots. Experience around video and audio productions a plus
- Experience presenting and selling your creative work and the strategy behind it
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to meet deadlines, multitask, and work positively within a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated self-starter who can self-direct on large tasks
- Detail oriented
An online portfolio depicting outstanding, kick-ass conceptual thinking and experience is required.