Our client company, located near Milwaukee, Wisconsin, needs someone to troubleshoot a Wayfinder kiosk. The project length will be dictated by what needs to be done to bring it into compliance. You will be a W2, hourly employee of Aquent during the length of the assignment.
Wayfinder is an interactive touch screen map kiosk that allows users to find where they would like to go, within a large organization. When a user touches a name on an onscreen directory, the application loads the appropriate location PDF map and searches the text in the PDF for the name string. The PDF map centers on the found name. Users may zoom in or out of the map.
So, what’s the problem?
1. Use the page thumbnail to show relative location of the current view on the PDF page, preferably as an inset.
2. Prevent the Navigation Panel and Navigation Panel Buttons from ever appearing as a result of a directory search, either through scripting or through customization of the Reader plug-in interface.
3. Searches for specific floor maps do not work. Troubleshoot and fix this problem, and provide an explanation so we can avoid this problem in the future.
4. Make the page header display the correct location (First Floor, Second Floor, Photo Studio, Design Office) based on the user's search selection. (Data files include a location code for every name.)
5. Trouble-shoot and fix several names that do not search correctly. Provide an explanation that allows us to avoid this problem in the future.
We realize this requires a unique skill set. We are open to discussing terms. If you are interested, please apply via this web site. We look forward to hearing from you!
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs