Our client is one of the 10 largest e-commerce sites on the internet, with a billion visits each year. Another billion visitors shop their physical stores. Our client is not only a retailer but also a technology-based company, where technology itself is at the heart of our operation.
Why work for our client's team?
They're not just an engineering team; they're an engineering community for our client's e-commerce initiatives.
By embracing change, teams of talented people are allowed to innovate, and transform the way we work. Our client is an inventive group interested in contributing ideas and opinions toward exciting projects. They are constantly thinking about the future of web development and work with the latest technologies.
What you will do:
• You will implement software in the Services ecosystem, using open-source solutions with a focus on customer experience, sophistication and scale.
• You will assist the team in adding enhancements to our system, refactoring technical debt, and researching new technologies and frameworks.
• You will join an agile team; participating in stand-ups, iteration planning, design reviews and other typical agile ceremonies.
• You will lead in the design, development, deployment and support of software to create business value. You will provide expertise in software development lifecycle phases from concept and design to testing and deployment. You will support applications in production.
• You will be a valuable teammate, yet be capable of working independently on your own initiative. You will take an active role in ensuring the success of the team.
• You will take an active role in identifying process issues and suggestions for improvement.
• You will learn and teach others. The team is built on the premise that learning is never-ending and essential.
The impact you will have:
• You will make contributions on a complex, high-scale solution stack serving strategically important business functionality.
• You will design and implement systems that offer best-in-class resilience and customer experience and watch them stand up to massive holiday load spikes.
Skills & Requirements:
• 8+ years of experience developing customer-facing software in a service-oriented architecture, with concentrations in:
• Programming for concurrency & scalability
• Integrating with REST-ful web services
• Test-driven development
• Responsive design
• 8+ years' related e-commerce / web development experience using languages such as Java, Groovy
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
• Experience working on teams using agile methodologies
• Comfort working with Mac OS X and Linux command line/shell scripting
• Specific software development experience in:
• Java/Groovy, React/Redux, Backbone.js, Dust.js, Less.js
• Testing tools such as Enzyme and Jest