Seeking a dev/ops Java developer to provide analysis, development and support for an existing Java code base that is the foundation of our Adoptable Pets data management system. This system enables animal welfare organizations to manage pet data, including photos and video, that feeds into our adoptable pet search platform. The management system provides a front-end UI application using JSF.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in the Unix environment and be able to analyze complex SQL and Java source code. We are looking for a developer who can dig into a code base and provide insight and recommendations for implementation as well as actually implement the code changes. The developer must be able to identify and manage system configuration and tuning for JBoss in a Linux environment.
The candidate will work remotely with a geographically disbursed team and need to provide their own equipment. Excellent communication skills and clear thinking are essential to becoming a productive member of the technical team.
• Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
• Designs and develops user interfaces to internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
• Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
• Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
• Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
• Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
• Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills/Qualifications: Java (J2EE, JSF, Hibernate, Maven, Hudson, Tomcat, JBoss), Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Teamwork, Verbal Communication, Software Requirements, Software Development Process, Software Debugging, Software Version Control and Release Systems (Git, Subversion), Database Administration (MySQL), SQL, Linux System Administration, Application and System Tuning, Perl, Solr, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs