Aquent is currently seeking a Java / Scala developer for long term contract in Houston, TX. Qualified candidate will be responsible for development of open source big data applications, integrating workflows and tools such as git and jenkins and demonstrate the ability to dig into programming languages such as Java/Scala to better understand internal applications.
Job Location: Houston, TX. Local candidates preferred. Relocation not provided.
- BS or MS Computer Science or other relevant technical degree and/or related experience.
- Experience of at least 5 years in the software industry.
- Experience with Java or Scala build systems: maven, ant, sbt and gradle.
- Experience with multiple Apache Hadoop / Spark ecosystem applications, like: Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Pig, Presto, Hue, Spark, Tachyon, Zeppelin · Java or Scala development experience.
- Big data application development experience.
- Recognized subject matter expertise in Hadoop or Spark and at least one other complimentary application.
- Experience building and operating at scale · Commits or contribution via code or technical guidance to Apache Hadoop, Spark or related big data projects.
- Significant contribution to development for applications or services with a large user base · Strong understanding of distributed systems and distributed computation.
- Ability to communicate comfortably, at different levels, with different stakeholders
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Apache Hadoop ecosystem applications: Hadoop, Hive, Oozie, Presto, Hue, Spark, Zeppelin and more!
- Strong Java/Scala development experience.
- Experience building and operating at scale on AWS · Commits or contribution via code or technical guidance to Apache Hadoop, Spark or related big data projects.
- Significant contribution to development for applications or services with a large user base