ECOMMERCE | FASHION | RETAIL
LOCATION: San Francisco
CONTRACT: 5 Months | Mon-Fri | 40 hours/week
START DATE: 8/11/14
PAY: $22 - $27/hour (based on experience)
A well-known retail company needs a Junior Copy Writer to join their team!
This individual will write advertising copy to promote sales for goods and services by presenting information in an appealing, informative, concise and easy to understand manner by performing the following duties.
• Communicate with internal and external customers for the best possible product presentation.
• Read/analyze technical information for each new product, and any existing products, for presentation in catalog and Internet.
• Observe the product in use, examine it, and use it when possible, to gain understanding.
• Attend all meetings related to catalog and Internet production, taking good notes on product and process. Write for all products on assigned pages for each catalog and for the Internet.
• Adjust all products and other copy to meet the needs of customers, marketing and management.
• Track the progress of assigned pages throughout catalog process and track progress of products on Internet.
• Meet multiple schedule deadlines on time.
• Write other types of documents such as news releases, letters of response, personal interviews, items for other departments, instruction manuals, etc.
• Read and maintain a library of current reference materials.
• Review copy using checklist and format copy according to department style guide.
• Consider laws governing copy such as registered and trademarked symbols, country of origin and material construction.
Minimum of BA in English, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or related field of study
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information, and write for a variety of media and audiences.
• Ability to conform writing to prescribed style format.
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
• Must be well organized, detail oriented, and a team player. Must also be able to work independently as well.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, work efficiently and meet deadlines.
• Must be tech savvy, must know how to use publishing programs (QuarkXPress). Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
• A friendly and adaptable personality is needed to join this team!
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs