MARKETING + ADVERTISING
LOCATION: San Francisco CA
START DATE: ASAP
OUR FORTUNE 500 RETAIL/FASHION IS LOOKING FOR A JAPANESE COPYWRITER/TRANSLATOR!
ROLE + RESPONSIBILITIES:
Write and translate Japanese advertising copy to promote sale of goods and services by presenting information in an appealing, informative, concise and easy to understand manner by performing the following duties.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Proof and copy edit translated product page copy as needed
• Write marketing assets for site, email and ad hoc projects
• Consider laws governing copy such as registered and trademarked symbols, country of origin and material construction
• Organize workload for efficient time-management
• Meet multiple schedule deadlines on time
• Review and format copy according to department style guide; check questionable details
• Assist team leader and other copywriters as needed
• Working knowledge of computers and aptitude to learn new programs
• Communicate with internal team for the best possible product presentation
• Read/analyze technical information for each new product, and any existing products, for presentation in creative assets
• Attend all relevant meetings, taking good notes.
EDUCATION + EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty well. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Education: Minimum of BA in English, Journalism, Advertising, Marketing or related field of study
• Writing experience in advertising or related field preferred (not required)
• Experience working on the Internet preferred
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret all forms of information written and spoken in the Japanese language
• Ability to write for a variety of media and audiences
• Ability to conform writing to prescribed style format
• Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills – native Japanese writer and speaker required.
• Ability to accept and learn from constructive criticism
• Must be well organized and detail oriented
• Must be team oriented but able to work independently on occasion
• Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs