Our client, a Global eCommerce giant, is looking for an Item Content Writer!
The Item Content Writer facilitates the process by which products are given accurate, compelling descriptions, either by manipulating and placing vendor-provided item descriptions via a tool or by actually writing or enhancing product descriptions.
• Process a high volume of vendor-provided item description content onto the site with very low “touch.”
• Work with business partners and content team colleagues to identify an upper tier of business-driving products that require enhanced “high-touch” product descriptions and rich content.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional business partners as well as vendors and third-parties that facilitate the item set-up process.
• Coordinate, complete and oversee job-related activities and assignments.
• Utilize and leverage the Commerce content guidelines, style guides and item set-up procedures.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Creative Writing, Advertising or related field and a minimum of 2 years of experience in copywriting or content management preferred.
• Exceptional communication skills and excellent written English including spelling, punctuation and grammar.
• Detail-oriented and meticulous approach to work and an obsessive eye for detail
• Experience meeting tight deadlines and multitasking many projects simultaneously
• A proactive attitude with a positive outlook with an eye toward increasing efficiency
• Able to embrace collaboration, change and creativity
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with retail and/or eCommerce a big plus
• Prior experience copywriting for online brand initiatives
• Relevant experience in a similar product set-up/item description environment
• Experience working with creative agencies
• Experience managing vendor relationships