A major fashion retailer is looking for an Inventory Planner with 5+ years of professional experience.
The Inventory Strategy team designs, creates, and implements inventory optimization capabilities that enable the brand to manage business in a localized manner throughout the product life cycle. Projects are designed to create sustainable competitive advantages that generate significant financial return and enhance the customer experience. This person will work within the Inventory Strategy team on projects supporting methodology development, process improvement, quantitative analysis, and technology/tool requirements.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Develop key initiatives into strategies and strategies into results through structured approach, rigorous analysis, and proactive communication
- Partner in the development and implementation of supply chain / inventory management initiatives that support overall company and brand objectives.
- Own and manage analytic approach, forecasting, and measurement methodology for inventory management initiatives.
- Identify and quantify methodology differences and impacts between current and future processes and systems.
- Provide research, analysis, and support for identifying, evaluating, and resolving strategic opportunities.
- Prepare presentation documents and present findings to all levels of management.
- Build relationships with and provide training/support to Inventory Management business partners and other brand stakeholders.
- Serve as a liaison with cross functional business partners and Inventory Strategy peers across Gap Inc.
- Bring form and structure to ambiguous situations.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of industry trends to introduce continual process, tool and methodology improvements.