START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 6+ MONTHS
LOCATION: SAN FRANCISCO
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL INVENTORY ALLOCATOR! **
- The Inventory Allocator is responsible for successfully developing, communicating and executing inventory strategies for a division or department within the Retail Organization to meet or exceed sales, margin and inventory goals.
- Contribute to the financial success a department by creating and flawlessly executing inventory allocation strategies that maximize ROI.
- Develop and execute departmental initial allocation strategies to capture location-based opportunity, ensuring on-time initial allocation for the right product to the right stores.
- Strategically replenish stores based on sales and inventory performance at the product, store and cluster level.
- Analyze product-, store- and size-level data to identify departmental trends and related inventory opportunities. Develop and execute action steps to capitalize on opportunities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to define inventory ownership strategies of core styles to the size level.
- Partner cross-functionally to drive timely and accurate execution of new store assortments and quantities.
- Develop accurate inventory flow forecasts that support business strategies.
- Develop best practices for size balancing inventory to ensure customer demand is met.
- Lead a process, system, tool or business change within the Distribution and/or Retail Organization.
- Proven analytical skills used to drive results. Able to objectively interpret conclusions from qualitative and quantitative data.
- Proficient in retail math including an understanding of financial metrics and how to impact them.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Proven ability to cut through ambiguity to identify action steps needed to achieve business results.
- Capable of presenting ideas and recommendations that lead others to action
- Bachelor’s Degree (5+ years combined college education and work experience may be substituted)
- Minimum 2 years work experience preferably in a specialty retail environment in distribution/allocation.