Our client, a top fortune 500 global company, is looking for an organized, confident and skilled Internal Communications specialist to join their team onsite in Dallas, Texas or Tampa, Florida. The Merchant Services team is the global payment processing business for our client. They are the world’s leading merchant acquirer with over $1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2016. They have a customized closed-loop proprietary payments platform, and it is the firm’s new digital wallet that makes mobile transactions simple, safe and rewarding. Merchant Services is a leading provider of payment, fraud and data security for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than 130 currencies.
The Merchant Services team is embarking on a major business modernization program for industry leading user experience. A major deliverable in that program is a new Data Lake that will reside in their Big Data infrastructure. The business modernization program is run from the ground up in an agile mode.
The Internal Communications Specialist role is to define and monitor success measures of the Data Lake capabilities delivery, present the project and its progress, and drive an effective communications strategy. The Big Data services need to meet a very diverse set of requirements by stakeholders inside and outside the firm. Due to the broad set of stakeholders, performance management and targeted communications are necessary to maintain user buy-in and support.
There are significant milestones that need to be achieved in a short span of time for the Data Lake. Effective stakeholder engagement is an important part of ensuring rate of delivery and minimize impediments.
• Drive effective communications for the Data Lake project, including creation of materials and maintain stakeholder engagement.
• Ensure a common vision of the Data Lake across the stakeholder community.
• Establish and run success measures for the delivery and adoption of the capabilities of the Data Lake.
• Feed project performance back to the leadership to influence decision making in a timely manner.
• Influence the overall prioritization of the Data Lake backlog
• Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred
• Minimum of 3 years of product or related experience
• Experience interacting with a variety of user groups, with proven ability to positively influence people at a variety of levels
• Proven success in presenting to delivery teams, focusing on key messages and clear delivery
• Must have strong presentation skills incorporating intuitive use of graphics to extract key messages; a positive self-starter with a proactive approach
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Proficient technical skills, including understanding of data management technologies
• Passion for data and the convergence of technology and business value through Big Data.