Internal Communications Manager
Enterprise Services UK
Based in Reading
11 months contract (likely to be renewed)
Come as you are. Do what you love.
The Internal Communications Manager is a brand new role. Your key remit will be to plan and deliver internal communications and events to the Enterprise Services UK organization. You will support the leadership team in driving business priorities, building morale and pride in the organization, showcasing team achievements, managing information and disseminating knowledge among the team. Working with stakeholders to source information & content as appropriate, align content/style/media, you will be the point person for any internal communications-related queries.
The Internal Communications Manager will be responsible ensuring consistent management, delivery and execution of key communications programmes and processes to positively impact and advance Enterprise Services;
• Own, plan & execute against the over-arching Services communications strategy, ensuring all activities support the strategy, align with communications & business goals and result in positive ROI.
• Systematically source news and content from different functions within Services and on topics of interest to the organization – including written and video formats.
• Plan and write GM emails using the template, evolving and improving over time, write and edit GM communications on an ad-hoc basis.
• In conjunction with the Services Business Manager - plan, gather & coordinate content for, and execute monthly ‘all hands’ meetings including business update and external speaker slots – devising and executing a 6-month rolling plan for content, and planning & executing technical aspects flawlessly (e.g. playing videos)
• Plan, implement and manage the Services UK volunteering program, including identifying volunteering opportunities, aligning with the UK program.
• Work with current owners to keep Services SharePoint site updated (including blog functionality, useful links, sections for each function if needed and document storage/team sites where needed) and be ongoing administrator for the SharePoint
• Support communications of monthly and half-yearly awards process (submission reminders, collation of nominees, summary & slotting into ET meetings for decision-making, scripting of announcement & video production of announcement)
• Work with Enterprise Services and UK Communications lead to submit content for the UK-wide newsletters and ensure exposure for Enterprise Services; also work to align communications style and content.
• Support planning, co-ordination and communication of organization-wide events as needed – with assistance of additional resources where needed.
• Ad-hoc slide production, video creation, editing & project management support as needed
What we’re looking for:
The Internal Communications Manager will possess high levels of autonomy. The ideal candidate will have proven communications experience - managing Exec communications and setting a clear strategy using a variety of communication tools and approaches.
We’re seeking an individual who:
• Is detail orientated with the ability to network and navigate UK business with agility and sensitivity
• Has the ability to effectively and efficiently plan, deliver and assess/report impact communications to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Will be respected as a highly valued partner to all Enterprise Services team members
• Takes a highly collaborative approach to working, including the ability to resolve conflict and ambiguity and achieve outcomes that deliver tangible positive impact for in the UK
• Prior communications experience including a proven track record in running impactful communications programmes to deadline and brief
• Strong written and presentation skills
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the communications discipline, practices and techniques
• Strong project management and organisational skills
• Experience of working with, and influencing, a diverse virtual team to deliver successful projects
• Confident and convincing in giving solid counsel and advice
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills:
• A tech enthusiast and early adopter of technology, as well as passionate about the disciplines of communications
• Technical/Functional Skills -- Solid writing and proofing skills, content creator and curator, proven communications programme delivery, active social media follower/leader, competent on all Microsoft Office software (incl. Sharepoint, Yammer).
• Creative and diplomatic with real attention to detail and the ability to manage high profile projects at one time. Flexible – willing to go the extra mile when needed to successfully deliver a project
• Qualifications – University graduate and IDM/CIM qualification (preferred but not a prerequisite)
• Understanding and experience of internal communications, employee engagement with the ability to creatively turn incomplete ideas into compelling and relevant deliverables which deliver business impact and drive desired employee behaviour
The successful candidate will demonstrate a growth mind-set and be passionate about acting as an ambassador for the company. Purposeful, collaborative and adaptable, they will work well with others and in a team, and be results-driven. They will have a can do attitude and be a confident self-starter with the ability to partner well with key stakeholders. With an appetite for learning, they will be quick thinking, curious and entrepreneurial as well as comfortable managing ambiguity. Emotionally intelligent and culturally sensitive the successful candidate will be able to develop strong relationships and act as an effective influencer, engaging well in business focused discussions and decisions.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Internal Communications Manager