Internal Communications Contractor
Seeking a contractor for a six-month project to assess historical information and recommend an approach to develop a comprehensive archive/history program. The ideal candidate is inquisitive, methodical and has excellent organizational skills. The incumbent should thrive in working across teams and be able to carry out independent research.
Key duties include:
- Assess current state of company's history collection and work with team to create archival protocols, policies and procedures for collecting, culling and cataloguing non-confidential historical information
- Partner with teams across the company to understand current and potential assets in both digital and physical forms and how best to track historical company developments
- Recommend a company-wide archival system that establishes a centralized resource for the company and protects historical artifacts and information
Qualifications and requirements
- Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Master's degree in history or Library Science from an ALA accredited program with formal course work on training in archives management
- A minimum of 3 years working as a company historian
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; demonstrated organization and planning skills; familiarity and experience with archival description standards; knowledge of preservation and conservation standards for archival materials required
- Must be able to perform physical activity associated with archivist work environments
Knowledge and experience normally acquired through, or equivalent to, the completion of a Master's degree in history or Library Science from an ALA accredited program with formal course work on training in archives Management.