Internal Communications Consultant
Our corporate, healthcare client is seeking a contract Internal Communications Consultant for an enrollment initiative. This position is located in Eldorado Hills, CA
The Internal Communications Consultant reports to the SMU Management of Change (MoC) Lead team to identify and develop strategic communication strategies and plans for the Enrollment program and leadership team. The successful candidate will be a team player, collaborative, strategic, and an internal communications subject matter expert. She/he will be responsible for creating the programs that drive interconnectedness and collaboration throughout the organization and enterprise by leveraging core communications channels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Communications expert: partners with internal business clients and executive leadership teams to drive a collaborative conversation with key stakeholders. Key areas of focus include: Enrollment initiative, open enrollment readiness and the ongoing launch phases including support for the leadership team efforts.
• Strategizes, designs and implements enterprise and program-wide communications strategies and campaigns on behalf of the Enrollment program client team.
• Develops targeted messages and writes and publishes core presentations, talking points, FAQs, executive blogs and internal news stories featured on our client’s internal social media platform (Jive software).
• Designs, schedules and implements in-person events and supports Internal Communications team in delivery at enterprise-wide meetings, webcasts, online town halls, leader lunches, leadership forum and VP off-sites.
• Develops creative briefs and concepts to execute across a variety of media (videos, webinar presentations, events/meetings.
• Leverages employee feedback channels, monitors real-time feedback, and makes recommendations to continuously improve communications approach.
• Supports critical, Enrollment communication projects and events as an Internal Communications team player.
• Coordinates with External MoC Lead related to external facing communications pertaining to the initiative.
Job Required Education/Experience
The Internal Communications Consultant, will have an extensive track record of developing and successfully implementing communication and employee engagement programs, utilizing multiple platforms and medias. Ideally, the candidate will possess:
• A minimum of five-seven years corporate and internal communication experience designing, building and implementing creative, comprehensive communication programs, utilizing a variety of methods and media.
• Three to five years experience working with internal and external stakeholders to develop and deliver communications related to business driven projects and/or initiatives.
• Multiple, successful experiences assessing client information and requirements, and creating communications vehicles and channels that exceed their expectations, and are industry leading.
• Familiarity with change management methodologies preferred, but not required.
• Creative mind that challenges the status quo, and fosters unique approaches to executive communications and employee engagement.
• Candidate must participate in a writing assignment prior to hiring.
• Potential candidates will participate in a writing assignment and editing test as part of the interview process.
• Please do not send writing samples unless requested by the interviewer.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Creative Writing, Rhetoric or related fields; and/or equivalent work experience, or a combination of both.
Job Additional Education/Experience Competencies
• Strategic communication planning & execution: Ability to integrate the corporate vision, values and mission with assessment of internal audience needs, perceptions and behaviors to create and develop communications strategies that help drive understanding, alignment and performance. Ability to develop and manage multiple programs through execution in a fast-paced, high change environment.
• Writing & editing: Strong writing and message development skills; ability to translate complex ideas and tell a story in simple straight forward language.
• Teamwork & partnerships: Ability to build and maintain respectful and productive team-focused relationships and partnerships that facilitate collaboration, ensure accountability and allow the achievement of mutual objectives and strategies. .
• Independent leadership: Ability to lead, inspire and engage talent independently with minimal oversight and direction.
• Strategic future orientation: A bias for action that propels the organization forward and represents doing more than is required or expected by the job, partners, clients, peers or other stakeholders. This includes a desire to know more about things, people, or issues that drives a quest and curiosity about the business, its competitors, processes, technology, etc. that goes well beyond what is required.
• Strategic influencing: Ability to use oneself as a tool to persuade and build commitment to the vision, mission and goals of the company and to do this without using hierarchical power to get others to adopt a course of action. Strategic influencing is used at all levels in the company and with partners, colleagues, vendors, and other stakeholders.
• Flexibility & agility: Ability to anticipate, adapt, and manage workload and priorities based on an ever-changing environment, to fulfill business needs in the utmost, efficient, smart and professional manner
• Business acumen: Working knowledge and proactive interest in learning the business and business needs to be an effective strategic advisor and partner to internal clients.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Internal Communications Consultant