Immediate Supervisor:Director of Interactive Software Development
Must haves are: PHP, LAMP, MySQL, HTML and CSS
Plus: Amazon AWS
• The ability to work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines
• Cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors;
• Support of cross-collaboration within and between departments to ensure that agency is providing the best possible marketing solutions to its clients;
• Compliance with company policies and procedures
• Proficiency and appropriate use of software tools applicable to performing job duties;
• Prudent monitoring of time allocated for assigned projects, notifying supervisors and/or project managers of any anticipated overages or delays.
1. Basic Function:
The Interactive Developer will be responsible for developing dynamic user experiences utilizing PHP, back end functionality, database design and overall systems architecture.
2. Position Responsibilities:
Client Projects (80%)
Internal Projects (20%)
3. Position Duties:
Daily duties will include, but are not limited to:
Working with Producers, Integrators, other Developers, IA and QA closely to complete projects Attending status and project meetings Taking part in internal initiatives and developments Leading by example
4. Principal Working Relationships:
Primary: Developers, Integrators and QA
Secondary: Producers & Creative team members
5. Position Qualifications:
a) Education: - Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience
b) Special Knowledge or Skills [Software]
- Extensive PHP experience. Prior work with Smarty PHP framework highly desirable.
- Extensive MySQL development and administration experience. - Experience with OO (Object Oriented) and Procedural development
- Proven history with Amazon’s AWS Cloud Hosting environments (S3, EC2, RDS, Elasticache, Cloudfront, Elastic Load Balancing)
- Working knowledge of Wordpress setup, configuration and administration
- Strong knowledge of web technologies including
• XML, SOAP, and web services
• Social Media APIs and Conventions for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.
• eCommerce APIs and Conventions for PayPal, Authorize.net or similar
• Web development considerations for desktop, mobile and tablet environments
c) Prior Experience:
- Minimum of six years' experience designing, and developing web based applications using PHP
- Strong portfolio that includes numerous examples of advanced development skills.
- Experience with complete major product or site release cycles.
d) Other Qualifications and/or Requirements:
- Ability to work closely with producers, understand their requirements, and deliver accordingly and to provide API and technical support as needed. - Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with teammates. - Motivated self-starter who likes working on very productive, fast-paced teams. - Strong English written and verbal communication skills
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs