Our client, a premier financial services institution, is looking for an experienced Interactive Designer to join their team in Boston for a long term position.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled designer with 3 to 5 years of Interactive/Web experience. You must be passionate about design and typography, detail oriented, and highly skilled at producing user-centered design solutions. You will contribute to the overall strategic and conceptual development of projects, and lead design development. The Interactive Designer will also contribute to information architecture efforts and research and development of client deliverables, such as user experience briefs and wireframes.
The Interactive Designer will also create and manage web pages for new external and internal web presence. This position is responsible for the creation, development, and management of processes that deliver web pages within an ongoing maintenance capacity. This position will work closely with content managers to design, develop and deploy pages as needed to support content requirements. Qualified candidates will need a solid understanding of design tools as well as basic understanding of web-based software applications in general. Under general or direct supervision, develops, tests, and debugs new pages. Works with technical staff to understand problems with web software and resolve them.
• Work together with team members to plan, develop and execute page creation and administration.
• Track and report the status of projects.
• Gather requirements and/or requirement validation.
• Create specifications and other documentation such as requirements documents when required.
• Create pages from a defined list of page templates, with the understanding of how the template system is leveraged.
• Test, train and support content manager user base, shepherd content migration from staging environment to production environment.
• High proficiency in Adobe CS5 (Photoshop, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver)
• Experience with SharePoint Designer a plus.