Are you an Interactive Designer with excellent visual design chops and corporate experience, ready to step into a role as mobile design expert for a Fortune 100 company operating in 60 countries? Our client, one of the world’s top pharmaceutical companies, needs your help completing visual design (pages, assets, etc.) for a new, and still materializing, modular approach to global brand presence online. More exciting yet, they require expertise in translating existing web design into the smart phone and vertical tablet platforms.
As the only person on this team with significant mobile experience, you can expect this position to be challenging and exciting. You will work in a matrixed environment with a strong team that will look to you for leadership in taking the company’s web presence into the mobile space.
The personality type that fits this role is someone who can ask, and follow through on, the following questions: “Will this actually work?”, “What do we keep or leave out of the design?”, “What functions and content are needed for the mobile platforms we are working with and what can be left out?”
To be considered, candidates must provide a portfolio that shows creativity and forward thinking, as well as an understanding of UX. Although this is not a UX position, some experience with wireframes, flows, and other functional specs would be helpful.
Details around Areas of Support:
Completion of Visual Design for Web presence
- Ensure consistency throughout pages and content packages
- Creation of new page layouts as needed
- Incorporation of brand identity into current design artifacts
Completion of Mobile Visual Design
- Designs will include smartphone (iPhone and Android) and vertical tablet design
- Decision making around mobile platform design needs
- Hands-on visual design for mobile version of website/s, including creation of new screens/layouts