Our client, a top fortune 500 financial company, is looking for a talented and skilled Art Director to join their growing team on-site in Columbus, Ohio
Think you might be the perfect fit? Let’s take a look at their qualifications.
You should know a concept from an execution and be a creative problem solver. Do we want great design? You bet we do. But you also have to be conceptual and appreciate how marrying art and copy together makes more powerful communication. You have to know not only how to work within brand guidelines, but how to make them stretch without breaking them. You need a great eye for photography. You innately get responsive design and know that a great idea is nothing without great UX. You’ll work in digital, mobile and social (and occasionally print), with copywriter, web developers and creative directors, making marketing strategies into ideas that grab you by the eyeballs and won’t let go.
Your primary responsibilities will be in art direction and graphic design with an emphasis on idea generation. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to:
• Interact with Creative Director and Copywriters to develop creative concepts and executions.
• Learn about the strategy and market dynamics of the products you work on.
• Work closely with account executives to meet established SLAs and deadlines.
• Advise client on all technical visual recommendations and/or issues as needed.
• Participate in strategy input and creative meetings.
• Assist in making presentations to client as needed.
• Provide detailed direction to production artists and assist in the development of their skills.
So what skills do you need to have?
• A working knowledge of multimedia design and experience building print and digital files
• Well-honed computer photo-retouching and image development skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of color theory and color relationships.
• An understanding of the terms that identify type forms and the specifications required to refer to typographic settings (i.e., points, leading, picas, kerning, tracking, cap-height, x-height etc.).
• Enough print production knowledge to be functionally competent
• The ability to effectively manage multiple projects and remain flexible through multiple revisions
• The patience to manage challenging situations both internally and with the client.
• The respect of junior designers and the mentoring skills to effectively oversee their work.
Finally, what do we need from you to submit you for this amazing opportunity?
• An online portfolio demonstrating your work is an absolute must.
• A minimum of an Associate (2 year) degree in advertising, communication design, digital design, graphic design or visual arts. A bachelor’s (4 year) degree is preferred.
• Experience working on premium brands
• At least five years of design experience in an agency or corporate environment.
• Proficiency on Mac OS platform a must. PC knowledge a plus. Thorough knowledge of Adobe CS6 (including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop).
• Knowledge of digital (HTML, etc.) and video/animation software (Flash, After Effects) is a plus.
• A good eye for photography and a basic understanding of good UX design principles.