Our client is a large financial institution in Princeton, NJ and they are looking for a Interaction/Visual Designer with 5+ years of experience designing for web and mobile to join their team for a 12 to 18 month contract role. This Interaction/Visual Designer job is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
The Interaction/Visual Designer that will partner across the Digital Design team working with the Editorial, and Usability Teams, along with business and technology partners to provide overall web / online User Interface direction based on continually evolving user-centric design and industry recognized usability concepts and practices. From a Visual Design perspective the Interaction/Visual Designer is also responsible for creating online visuals for web and/or mobile usage that are consistent with brand standards, as well as established industry best practices – all contributing to a world-class customer experience.
As an Interaction Designer the individual will be responsible for production of user interface deliverables including concept demos, site maps, and wireframes that clearly represent the on-screen user experience. A demonstrated expertise in User Experience, UI development, web and mobile design and usability principles is a must. Responsibilities in this role include: supporting the overall User Experience discipline within the organization, performing industry analysis on web user behavior, engaging with business partners in the requirements phase of the project life cycle to review and improve screen design and flow, performing analysis on user behavior across the sites, and collaborating with technology in designing new user interface elements or solutions to solve existing problems and address future opportunities.
As a Visual Designer, this individual will need to actively collaborate with the other UX designers working on a project to define the visual design / assets that are needed, and then refine said design through stakeholder feedback, legal and compliance reviews and usability testing. Interaction/Visual Designer candidates should demonstrate experience creating visual design content for financial web sites as well as proficiency in user centered design and best practices in web content for both unauthenticated (public) sales sites as well as client site (authenticated) content. Attention to design detail and overall brand awareness are requirements as well as a strong understanding of managing business and customer needs. Interaction/Visual Designers should be able to present the overall visual work and interaction concepts to broader audience with a demonstrated knowledge of financial services and products.
Interaction Design Requirements
• Responsible for producing User Interface deliverables, including: Concept Demos, Site Maps, and Wireframes.
• Collaborate with the internal team and SMEs to develop a user interface that aligns with requirements and complies with usability standards.
• Lead Wireframe development sessions. Demonstrate the ability to take evaluate the results of usability tests and port the learnings back into wireframes and clickable prototypes
• Work the with the Technology Team to understand the documented technology standards for the platform and browser/OS specifications and bears responsibility to ensure UX assets track to technology and program standards.
• Collaborate with the Content Team to ensure the delivery of content coincides with downstream dependencies.
• Obtains stakeholder buy-in for the proposed designs.
Interaction Design Must-have skills:
• MUST be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure, InDesign, Visio, html prototyping, and other design tools.
• Broad project team UX experience or related experience with demonstrated capabilities in collaborating across various business lines and with technology in executing user experience processes and documentation.
• Must be an experienced producer of wire framing web documentation and clickable using Axure.
• Experience in usability design, navigation design, online content organization, IA/taxonomy creation and search optimization. Knowledge of web usability principles, with professional designation a plus.
• Mobile web and downloadable app design experience preferred.
Visual Design requirements and skills:
• The User Experience Visual Designer is responsible for creating online/mobile design and assets that are consistent with the brokerage and brand standards as well as established industry best practices.
• The Visual Designer will collaborate with the UX design team and stakeholders working on projects, and should be able to create visual design and assets originating from multiple sources to ensure consistency with internal standards and guidelines - including tone, style, legal requirements and brand compliance.
• Experience working with interaction designers, editors and usability engineers, and an understanding of other team members’ deliverables and processes within a user-centered design model
• Familiarity with assisting in the gathering of customer research and insights, and/or developing test plans to aid in the design and presentation process
• Excellent interpersonal communication, problem-solving and issue-resolution skills
• Detailed knowledge of visual design tools. Familiarity with development tools also preferred.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, Axure is REQUIRED.
Additional comments for Interaction/Visual Designer:
• Experience with or exposure to financial services experiences and knowledge of mobile native paradigms a plus.
• Must be willing to work in the office five days a week (no remote work)