Our large financial services client located in Columbus, OH is seeking an Interaction Designer for a 6-8 month contract assignment with potential for extension. This assignment is due to start mid January.
Our clients User Experience Team is a collection of interaction designers, information architects, visual designers, prototype developers, content strategists, writers, and accessibility specialists who support initiatives throughout the company. Their core values are focused on user centered design. As the Interaction Designer, you will help lead our user experience efforts and drive out interaction designs that meet both internal client and end user needs for both external and internal websites. They design for a wide range of users across a variety of sites and web-¬based applications.
• Design interaction, flow, and navigational scheme for web¬-based sites and applications, including mobile devices when appropriate
• Be an advocate for end user goals and requirements
• Lead all user experience aspects of initiatives when appropriate
• Work with other UXD’s, writers and developers to ensure top quality user centered design outcomes
Leads project teams 3/5 to define and document site architecture, navigation elements, content strategy, map user flows, and propose best practices in usability and interactive design based on a deep understanding of customer needs.
Works with content writers, designers, coders, business representatives, and usability staff to define site functionality, organization and navigation solutions, and participates in research efforts to identify user goals and tasks.
Assesses the scalability of the content management infrastructure and develops new processes, workflows and standards to resolve complex technical issues. Participates in overall project management, time estimates and resource scheduling. Monitors project team compliance with architecture best practices and principles and resolves issues elevated from project teams.
• User experience design and consultation experience
• Strong interactive design skills a must
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced work environment, with minimal handholding
• Knowledge of web development, usability and design, information architecture principles
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• A solid working knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs: InDesign, Mac OS, etc.