This is a temp to perm role with a large medical device company in Reston, VA.
As a member of the User Experience Design team, the Interaction Designer will work with multi-disciplinary teams to strategize and apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize among user needs, business goals, and technological realities for each project. Projects will include cloud-based software, websites, mobile applications for iOS and Android, and laptop software.
This position is extremely collaborative and requires a high degree of professionalism, communication skills, and mentoring ability. In some cases, candidates will visit hospitals to watch clinicians use our medical device client's software to determine what can be designed to improve the customer experience.
• Drive and apply user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with cross-functional teams
• Effectively utilize and teach relevant user experience methods, such as how to apply a corporate design language, design frameworks, problem framing, design principles, and overall design thinking
• Ability to deliver UI specifications, wireframes, workflows, and high- and low-fidelity prototypes
• Build positive, collaborative relationships across teams/groups/functions through facilitative leadership
• Collaborate with key product stakeholders to understand the customer and support product design goals for existing and new products, and to ensure those goals are supported in the solution design
• Demonstrated track record of success designing software apps in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
• Ability to effectively communicate interactive and interface design data, design proposals, and product specifications and negotiate options at management levels.
• Ability to concisely critique designs and to translate customer feedback into design decisions
• Strong skills in creative design tools including Axure, InVision, Adobe Creative Cloud
• At least a basic level of understanding of HTML and CSS
• Broad knowledge of human factors principles, design standards and trends, and cross-platform development
• Success in following, applying, teaching, and maintaining a company product design language guide and ensuring that colleagues apply elements accurately with strong design thinking behind their decisions
• Proven success working in an Agile development environment and strong knowledge of how interaction and visual design are best utilized in a SCRUM environment
• Organized, self-directed, efficient, and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
• Experience with the healthcare field and medical devices a plus
• Online portfolio available for viewing preferred
**Candidate must have mobile Design Experience
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in User Interface Design, Cognitive Science, or equivalent
• Minimum 6 years of experience working as a senior-level interaction designer or interaction/visual designer