Location: Chicago + multiple markets (LA/Orange County, New York)
My client, a leading digital marketing and e-commerce agency in Chicago, are looking for a highly talented Interaction Designer to join our team. This person will work as a member of their Interaction Design team helping to design client's web, mobile and tablet experiences. Focus will be on consumer research and interaction design, including the elegant organization of information throughout the interface. You will work with customers, internal stakeholders, and client team members to align clients’ business goals with unmet consumer needs in a compelling user experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Employ user centered design processes to identify user needs and balance those against client’s business objectives to create solutions for websites, mobile and tablet experiences
• Primary responsibility will be defining the end to end user experience through the interface (these include customers, channel partners, and internal sales representatives)
• Create wireframes, site maps, user flows, user scenarios, feature lists, detailed annotations, working prototypes and other artifacts to describe the intended user experience
• Utilize information architecture skills to organize content and propose taxonomy of websites or web applications
• Ability to assess competitor websites and perform heuristic evaluations to identify usability issues and recommend user experience best practices
• Collaborate closely with project team members such as visual designers and technologists to ideate and translate requirements to designs
• Ability to lead meetings presenting UX deliverables and conveying thought processes and design rationale
• Document the user experience standards and guidelines
• Collaborate with other members of the interaction design team to plan, conduct and synthesize ethnographic consumer research and usability testing sessions
• 3-5 years experience designing and developing customer facing interfaces for large multi-national brands and organizations
• Working knowledge of design and technical constraints across various digital channels (web, mobile, kiosk, tablet)
• Strong knowledge of information design, user interface design processes and methodology
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written and verbal skills
• Must be able to function as an interaction design leader on projects as well as an individual contributor
• Demonstrated passion for all things digital and active participation in the field of interaction design
• Experience conducting user research and translating insights into design directions
• Ability to rapidly prototype/visualize a digital experience, from paper-based sketches to clickable wireframes
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s (Master’s a plus) degree in Information Science, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors or related field.
25% travel flexibility - more or less depending on project; candidate should be comfortable with travel and overtime as client commitment requires.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs