Contract through the end of the year
Onsite in Boston, MA
Our client is looking for an Interaction Designer! They're an interactive media company and work with telecom, IT, and media clients. The work they do ranges from mobile to web, interactive TV, and digital interfaced embedded in physical environments.
This is a client facing role. The Interaction Designer possess a good understanding of product and service design. Our highly strategic projects require an understanding of complex service ecosystems. The Interaction Designer must have experience in cross-platform UI design, in particular a strong understanding of how to deliver excellent quality solutions on smaller portable screens and knowledge of cutting edge technology developments. The Interaction Designer has an awareness and enthusiasm for this holistic approach to design.
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
• 3-4 years of experience doing cross-platform digital interaction design
Professional experience with the following software (Experience in 2 out 3 required):
Visio professional, Adobe CS 4 or higher, Omnigraffle
Professional experience with the following platforms (Not all required):
Series 60 UI , Apple iOS, Google Android, Java , Browser-based UI
The Interaction Designer should have experience in or an understanding of the following:
• Brand DNA:
- Content inventory
- Content analysis and content mapping
• Service solution:
- Exploratory and refinement sketching
- Concept modeling
- Content strategy
- Features ranking
- UI specification
- Site mapping
- Use cases and user flows
• Conduct benchmarking of services and applications to discover and define best
practice in the given subject area.
• Define the overall service structure, including flow charts and interaction model.
• Create wireframes to best illustrate and document a service in detail.
• Support the creation of, or create, functional or UI specifications for services or
• Cooperate with visual designers to solve problems and create full design solutions on
• In-Depth knowledge and experience within a relevant business sector.
• The ability to take constructive criticism from our Service Design Leads & Senior
Interaction Designers and build from it.
Other responsibilities and attributes:
• Strategic and creative input on a variety of projects: participate at the early stages
of service or application definition and proposition creation. Input varies from
participation in brainstorms to development of user-focused offerings, most likely
together with a wider team.
• Demonstrate an understanding of device/ecosystem platforms.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs