Our large financial services client located in Pennington, NJ is seeking a UX Designer for a year-long contract with potential for further extension. This is a 40 hour a week, onsite, contract position.
The User Experience Design team includes interaction designers, graphic designers, researchers, strategic designers, design program managers, content strategists, design technologists and other creative professionals. The team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to find ways all our digital platforms can empower customers to reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways.
We are seeking an experienced Interaction Designer to work on creating user-centered experiences for its digital platforms which include mobile app, responsive web, ATM, Artificial Intelligence and other emerging technologies.
As an Interaction Designer, you’ll certainly do:
• Journey maps to show and tell the steps required to complete simple or complex tasks.
• Information architecture, hierarchy, and workflow expressed as diagrams and screen schematics.
• Wireframe screens and control-action-response of every interactive element that makes up the human-computer interaction.
• Define system states and error recovery protocols.
But all of our designers:
• Analyze information: Translate business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into designs that are exciting, easy to use, and emotionally engaging world-class experiences.
• Follow user-centered design processes: Applies user-centered design processes to ensure designs are well-researched, executed, and tested using industry trends, analysis, internal analysis of user behavior and data, personal expertise, design rationale and customer data.
• Leverage standards: Use brand, standard patterns, style guidelines, third-party standards and other design foundations as input to new work. Respects standards but constantly pushes where new ideas will improve the design. Work the with the Technology Team to understand the documented technology standards for the platform and browser/OS specifications and bears responsibility to ensure UX assets track to technology and program standards when required.
• Create new concepts: Creates user-driven, engaging user experiences that turn complex tasks into simple, elegant interactions. Offers multiple concepts that explore new and different ways to solve challenges. Collaborate effectively with other visual designers, interaction designers, content strategistsstrategists, product managers, researchers, product partners and engineering teams. Collaborate with design partners, product partners, development partners, visual designers, editors, and usability engineers against a design plan.
• Learn and adapt: Keep pace with the ever-changing digital environment iterating designs through Lean UX, Agile, and other modern design/build processes. Work closely with agile development teams to coordinate and deliver an error-free final product.
• Juggle effectively: Work on multiple designs/projects at one time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about the overall experience.
• Advocate for great design: Passionately advocates for great user experiences and convinces partners with a can-do spirit, thought-leadership, great designs and compelling presentations. Candidates should be able to present their work to a broader audience and leadership with a demonstrated knowledge of financial services and products. Obtains stakeholder buy-in for the proposed designs. Solicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews.
• Build: Deliver error-free design specifications and assets to enable speed-to-market development and testing.
What we’re looking for in Designers:
• Insatiable learners: Hungry for ethnographic, business, competitive, technical, and all other types of knowledge that leads to the best design. Ever-curious with the patience to observe and see the things that others overlook; listens and learns from the larger community, recognizing that no one person can know it all. Understands that context makes or breaks experiences.
• Radical innovators: Unbound by rules while having a broad and deep knowledge of past and current norms and convention. Pushes for breakthrough solutions and test against familiarity to offer potential game-changers. Boundless tinker who is unafraid of failure. Wakes up every day with the desire to try new ways to solve problems in the endless pursuit of value. Ability to develop high-quality creative concept designs, with the ability to provide multiple conceptual designs.
• Joyful collaborators: A joy to work with - comfortable with presenting creative concepts, collaborating, absorbing feedback and improving designs through an iterative process.
• Infectious inspirers: Great communicators who can create excitement for a design and rationalize each and every aspect as the right solution. Uncommonly good at adjusting style to fit the situation and audience.
• Roll-up-the-sleeves executors: Synthesizes ideas into viable products/experiences by collaborating with a broad range of partners, negotiating the perfect balance of design, cost, and speed. Never rests until every detail is proudly polished. Exceptional attention to detail when creating designs, specifications, and assets and ability to be consistent with an established pattern & standards when required.
• On-the-ball organizers: Top-notch communication, problem-solving, issue-resolution and time management skills. Creates and manages detailed design plans.
Requirements for all Designers:
• Bachelor’s degree in design.
• 5+ years of design experience with a dazzling portfolio of design work.
• Mastery of user-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation processes like Lean UX, Design Sprints, and Fail-Fast.
• Mastery in designing for responsive web and mobile apps.
• Mastery in multi-channel industry standards and best practices.
• Mastery of Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects).
• Mastery of Axure and Sketch.
• Work co-located with other designers and partners. (Not remote.)
• Travel up to 20% of time.
• Financial or similar industry experience preferred.
• Project management experience a plus.