Our Fortune 500 client, a leader in banking technology, is seeking an experienced freelance Interaction Designer to work on creating user-centered experiences for its digital platforms - mobile app, responsive web, ATM, Artificial Intelligence and other emerging technologies. This role is onsite in either Pennington, NJ (Princeton area); Boston, MA; or Charlotte, NC area 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered, until Jan. 29th, 2019 with an opportunity to extend.
Fun facts about our client – in 1904, this client started as The Bank of Italy in San Francisco, originally established to serve the working-class in the area. The founder offered those ignored customers, savings accounts and loans - judging them not by their wealth, but by their character. The bank grew rapidly and became who they are today with more consumer deposits than any other U.S. bank. In addition, is his daughter was the first woman to serve on any Board of Directors. Truly ground-breaking in so many ways.
What You Will Do:
- As an Interaction Designer, you will join the User Experience Design team that includes interaction designers, graphic designers, researchers, strategic designers, design program managers, content strategists, design technologists and other creative professionals. The team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to find ways all our digital platforms can empower customers to reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways.
- In this role, you will be a brand evangelist, and work on journey maps to show and tell the steps required to complete simple or complex tasks. Be responsible for information architecture, hierarchy, and workflow expressed as diagrams and screen schematics. As an Interaction Designer, you will do wireframe screens and control-action-response of every interactive element that makes up the human-computer interaction, and define system states and error recovery protocols.
- As a Interaction Designer, you will translate business requirements, user needs, and technical capabilities into exciting designs and engaging world-class experiences. You will also apply user-centered design processes to ensure designs are well-researched, executed, and tested using industry trends, analysis, internal analysis of user behavior and data, personal expertise, design rationale and customer data.
- Create new concepts, engaging user experiences that turn complex tasks into simple, elegant interactions.
- Keep pace with the ever-changing digital environment iterating designs through Lean UX, Agile, and other modern design/build processes.
What You Need:
- The client is looking for Insatiable Learners, Radical innovators, Joyful Collaborators, Infectious Inspirers, Roll-up-the-Sleeves Executors: On-the-Ball Organizers with a Bachelor’s Degree in design.
- 5+ years of design experience with a dazzling portfolio of design work.
- Mastery of user-centered design methodologies and rapid ideation, e.g. Lean UX, Design Sprints, and Fail-Fast, mastery in designing for responsive web and mobile apps, multi-channel industry standards and best practices, mastery of Adobe products (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects); Axure, Sketch.
- Financial industry experience preferred, project management experience a plus.