Our client, a well known consulting company in the D.C area, is looking for an Interaction Designer to join their innovative and award-winning team. This person will be conceptualizing and creating large-scale digital experiences and applications and will be engaging with clients to clearly and directly articulate customer needs and requirements into industry-leading digital designs while identifying and prioritizing project milestones and processes.
Interaction Designers are expected to consider the project from a high level and how the recommended solution fits into an overall service design objective, but they must also consider the fine details of user interaction components, labels, and flows to help users achieve their goals. Interaction designers should be comfortable understanding and communicating complex services and designing for a variety of platforms.
- Apply conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities
- Develop sound UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases.
- Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity
- Create light weighed specifications and style guides to supplement prototypes for our implementation partners
- Work directly with customers and prospects to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts
- Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually
- 4+ years of experience delivering interface solutions to clients
- Digital portfolio that showcases ability to exhibit visual design expertise and pay strict attention to detail
- Experience working with a cross-functional Agile team to design large-scale digital experiences
- Excellent problem–solving and communication skills
- BA, BS, or BFA degree required
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Experience with building and maintaining client relationships in a team–based government and professional services environment is a plus