Aquent's client is looking for a passionate Interaction Designer to design and support development of a cross-app design patterns for their Suite products. The client team develops the products and interfaces that enable organizations and business to harness the power of their productivity apps for their team members and employees. The team is designing new tools and redesigning existing UIs from the ground up, and are laser-focused on ensuring orgs have a simple, elegant, and delightful experience managing the Suite for their business.
- Balance product, development and user-centered goals to help shape overall design strategy.
- Assess the usability of products and make constructive suggestions for improvement.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Help define detailed interactions for components and patterns used across Suite of products
- Collaborate with researchers, other designers, product managers to review designs and get product alignment.
- Develop storyboards, mockups and prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Work samples exhibiting complex problem-solving, user focus, and ability to launch products.
- Comprehensive understanding of interaction conventions and aesthetic principles.
- Ability to produce low and high fidelity mockups using industry standard software.
- Ability to prioritize and manage workload independently to meet project goals.
- Strong understanding of web technologies and best practices for web design.
- Excellent communication skills in expressing conceptual ideas and design rationale.
- Experience building good, collaborative relationships across geographically distributed teams.
Nice to Have Skills/Not Required:
- MA/MS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field.
- Demonstrated experience in designing usable interfaces for popular web-based products
- Expert HTML skills.
- Strong, clean visual design sense.
- Familiarity with user research methods or experience working closely with researchers.
- Familiarity with software development processes and lifecycle.
- Experience in building Enterprise products a plus.