As a User Experience Interaction Designer, you will work closely with product managers, UX researchers, UI developers and other designers to research and develop highly engaging user-focused web interfaces. The successful applicant must be skilled in addressing a diverse range of interaction challenges, and in researching and developing novel solutions that drive and enable outstanding customer experiences.
The User Experience Interaction Designer will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively, and must exhibit solid time management skills and proves subject matter expertise in order to plan, prioritize and accomplish goals. Established creative talent built on a solid foundation of Human Factors and/or Human-Computer Interaction skills is required.
- Demonstrable expertise in the direct application of interaction design principles, best practices and patterns for Web 2.0 workflows.
- Hands-on expertise in cross-browser compatibility, modern web standards, and semantic markup.
- Solid knowledge of ARIA, usability, and accessibility (508-compliance).
- Develop conceptual models, scenarios and prototypes that include detailed interaction design requirements and interface designs.
- Collaborate closely with UX researchers and designers, UI developers, and product managers to develop and improve design guidelines and ensure the consistent application of end-to-end interaction controls.
- Create design artefact's that effectively communicate functional behavior to users and stakeholders.
- Utilize requirements, metrics, and user feedback to Iterate prototypes through successive levels of fidelity.
- Evaluate effectiveness of new and existing features through performance metrics, customer feedback, and industry-standard best practices analyses.
- Perform research activities such as heuristic, ethnographic and competitive analyses and participatory exercises.
- Advise client/team/stakeholders on UX, IXD, and HF best practices.
- 50% of time will be creating mock-ups, 25% of time for user reviews, and 25% for user verification/testing/creating artefact's.
Top 3 must-have hard skills
- Strong understanding of the end to end process (not just creating visual artefact's but engaging with users and ability to understand requirements)
- Strong foundation of theoretical foundation – the need to understand human design and interaction