Our client is a large financial institution in Boston, MA and they are looking for a Interaction Designer with 5+ years of experience designing for web and mobile to join their team for a 6+ month contract role. This Interaction Designer job is 40 hours a week, health benefits and 401K offered.
The Interaction Designer will partner with the UX Visual Design, Editorial, and Usability Teams, along with business and technology partners to provide overall web / online User Interface direction based on continually evolving user-centric design and industry recognized usability concepts and practices. The Interaction Designer will be responsible for production of user interface (UI) deliverables including concept demos, site maps, and wireframes that clearly represent the on-screen user experience. The Interaction Designer will have a demonstrated expertise in User Experience, UI development, web and mobile design and usability principles. Interaction Designer responsibilities in this role include: supporting the overall User Experience discipline within the organization, performing industry analysis on web user behavior, engaging with business partners in the requirements phase of the project life cycle to review and improve screen design and flow, performing analysis on user behavior across the sites, and collaborating with technology in designing new user interface elements or solutions to solve existing problems and address future opportunities.
Interaction Designer Requirements:
• Responsible for producing User Interface deliverables, including: Concept Demos, Site Maps, and Wireframes.
• Must ensure the development of team deliverables aligns with the overall UX Team work plan and program objectives.
• Collaborate with tinternal teams and SMEs to develop a user interface that aligns with requirements and complies with usability standards.
• Lead Wireframe development sessions.
• Lead the evaluation of results of usability tests/focus groups to incorporate learnings into User Interface deliverables.
• Work the with the technology team to understand the documented technology standards for the platform and browser/OS specifications and bears responsibility to ensure UX assets track to technology and program standards.
• Collaborate with the content team to ensure the delivery of their inputs coincide with UX and downstream dependencies.
• Obtains stakeholder buy-in for the proposed designs.
Must have skills of Interaction Designer:
• Broad project team UX experience or related experience with demonstrated capabilities in collaborating across various business lines and with technology in executing user experience processes and documentation.
• Must be an experienced producer of wire framing web documentation using InDesign, Axure, Visio, html prototyping, and other design tools.
• Experience in usability design, navigation design, online content organization, IA/taxonomy creation and search optimization. Knowledge of web usability principles, with professional designation a plus.
• Mobile web and downloadable app design experience preferred.
• MUST be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud, and Axure