Our client is a large financial institution located in Charlotte, NC and they are looking for an experienced Interaction Designer to join their User Experience (UX) team for a contract to hire role. This Interaction Designer role is 40 hours a week and health benefits and 401K are offered.
The Interaction Designer will partner with the UX Visual Design, Editorial, and Usability Teams, along with business and technology partners to create desktop and/or mobile design concepts for our clients. The Interaction Designer will be responsible for production of user-centric design deliverables including site maps, wireframes and interaction specifications that clearly represent the on-screen user experience.
A demonstrated expertise in User Experience, UI development, web and mobile design and usability principles is a must. Interaction Designer responsibilities in this role include: supporting the overall User Experience discipline within the clients’ organizations, performing industry analysis on web user behavior, engaging with business partners in the requirements phase of the project life cycles to review and improve screen design and flow, performing analysis on user behavior across the sites, and collaborating with others in designing new user interface elements or solutions to solve existing problems and address future opportunities.
REQUIREMENTS OF INTERACTION DESIGNER:
• Responsible for producing UX interaction deliverables, including: site maps, wireframes and interaction specifications
• Must ensure that team deliverables align with the overall UX Team work plans, program objectives, project requirements and usability standards.
• Lead wireframe development sessions.
• Lead the evaluation of results of usability tests/focus groups to incorporate findings into interaction design deliverables.
• Work collaboratively to understand the documented technology standards for the platform and browser/OS specifications, and take responsibility to ensure UX assets track to technology and program standards.
MUST HAVE SKILLS FOR INTERACTION DESIGNER:
• Broad project team UX experience or related experience
• Ability to collaborate in a matrixed environment, across various business lines and with technology in executing user experience processes and documentation
• Expertise in usability design, navigation design, online content organization, IA/taxonomy creation and search optimization.
• Knowledge of web usability principles, with professional designation a plus
• Experience producing wireframe documentation using Axure, InDesign, Fireworks, Visio, HTML prototyping, and other design tools. (Must have working knowledge of Axure or Adobe Creative Suite 6/Cloud InDesign and Fireworks.)
• Consumer sales and marketing experience preferred
• Fortune 500 industry experience preferred.