This Consumer Ads UX team thrives by tackling the most complex problems facing advertising and commerce and building elegant, informed solutions that change the way businesses connect with customers and users find what they’re looking for.
As an Interaction Designer you’ll tackle intricate challenges in the realm of Video Ads, innovating and producing novel ad experiences that engage users and excite advertisers. You’ll advocate for users while balancing the needs of advertisers to design UIs that billions of users experience worldwide. Consumer Ads UX focuses on user-facing ad products that give consumers more visibility and control of their ad experience.
1. Create new designs, including (but not limited to) user flows, wireframes, mocks, and prototypes
2. Have a strong understanding of visual design to craft beautiful and engaging ad details
3. Communicate design intent to both internal and external teams. Clearly rationalize and justify design work and advocate for users’ needs
- Collaborate effectively on a team and be willing to explore all options. Design is grounded in constraints, which serve as boundaries to work within and barriers to creatively overcome. The craft is knowing when to conform and when to push the edge
- Work closely with user researchers to better inform designs through a users’ point of view
- Closely collaborate with the UX team to ensure your designs align with the latest changes to design language and find new opportunities for ad innovation
- Deliver the designs for each release by following through on details with the Engineering team and driving fit-and-finish polish
BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, Computer Science, or a related field (in lieu of degree, 5 years of relevant work experience required)
Proven track record of designing and shipping successful software design experiences for mobile, tablet and desktop UIs and contexts.
Strong core interaction design skills, knowledge of the user-centered design methodologies, and a good understanding of usability
Adept at design software and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch design program)
MA/MS in Design or a related field or 3 years of relevant work experience, including demonstrated experience designing usable web-based interfaces
Strong analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
Good sense and understanding of visual design
Prototyping or front-end development skills
Experience collaborating with user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers
Design leadership skills
Experience designing for TV app UIs
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs